Sunday, August 14, 2005

Countdown Coming

Well, Tuesday morning seems to be creeping up on me faster than I would have liked. I'm sure I'll have everything rolling by then though. In the mean time it's two out of three long weekend days doing prep at school.

I've now got a clock, somewipeboard markers and my pegboards are covered in pretty paper. What more could a person ask for. I also found one of those levitating globes that floats in place because of magnets to adorn my desk.

Jordan and I spent about a half million pesos on house plants this weekend..... A little pricey but we figured it's the only time in our lives when we will be able to buy beautiful plants for so cheep so we went a little crazy. Now, since our dining room set has also arrived the place might actually start looking like it's not an empty warehouse (but what a pretty warehouse).

Yesterday we took a hike up into the mountains with some other import teachers and found two gorgeous swimming holes. Not quite as nice as the one that our neighbors took us to but that's like saying that winning the lottery is a lot nicer if you win 10 million rather than 8 million. Either is pretty darn good. I actually brought my camera this time too so I'll probably post some pics of that tommorow.

On friday night we went over to Tara's house (a Canadian teacher in her second year) and went to a Salsa bar. The power went off for about 1/2 hour but everyone pulled out thier flashlights and cellphone lights and stuck around. When it came back on the salsa dancing continued in force. For those who don't know, in Colombia there is always dancing at EVERY occasion. And even though we Gringos suck at it everyone is very friendly and willing to help us learn. Julie and Lida and Nana and Tara all showed me a few moves and I feel like a got a tiny bit better. I may have a little bit of rythm after all. The funniest part though was when I would finally get some basic moves down and be like "I'm totally awesome at this" then I would look at the guy next to me and think "Ok, why does it look totally different when he does it?" Oh well. Baby steps......

Geoff just sent out some pictures and it looks like he busted his thumb up really bad so everyone send good thoughts his way.

Tah, Tah for now.

Love Matt

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep practicing those salsa moves for when I come to visit :)

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the pics!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home