Friday, July 29, 2005

Wedding and Countdown

Well it's official. Sky beat me to the altar. Since I'm younger though I figure that I have 2.5 years still to beat him. NOT THAT IT'S A RACE..... but I'll wager this stack of chips...

The ceremony was beautiful and heartfelt as well as being nice and simple. The best way to have a wedding if you ask me. I'd love to do it in a similar fashion. Now I just need to find a girl who agree's that a $20,000 cake actually doesn't make the wedding better. Even after the ceremony Sky and Wendy were making googly eyes at each other all night, even if they thought the rest of us didn't notice. They are sooooo in love it's mighty cute. I send burned copies of wedding photos back home with mom and dad. I'm particularly fond of the rings closeup picture (you'll know it when you see it). The speeches were nice too. I managed to mumble something semi coherent about how it's great to have such an awesome big brother and how good wendy and sky are for each other. I made mom cry a little bit so mission accomplished! Tuggin' on the those heart strings.... It just gets you .... right there (pound chest). Actually, I think the best part about the whole deal is that I officially get a sister of who I am very fond. For anyone who doens't know Wendy she is great to talk to ... if you ever get a chance take advantage of it. Sky also gave a speech that was the most stirring thing I've heard in a while (I'm very serious, it was beautiful). I tell ya, between this wedding, Grandma and Grandpa Roy's celebration of life and my Last Day Fort Speech the Roy fella's have gotten really good at getting choked up in front of groups of people. We're still tough though (grunt, grunt, more power more power!!!!)

So now I'm sitting at a keyboard in a hotel, with only 10 hours to go until I get on a plane to Miami. HERE WE GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Actually I just got an email from a fellow from the school who says that he and his wife will be at the airport with big signs, yelling our names and pretending like they know us. Service with a smile.

Alrightly, I gotta get some sleep and before that is more pack rearranging and writing a big letter.... wish me luck.... not that I'll need it:)

Very much Love,

-Matt

1 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

Matty!

you updated! all my faithful checking has not been in vain.

you're leaving already! oh matty.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home