Monday, August 22, 2005

Second week of teaching started

Well, it's official! I survived the first week of teaching with few bumps and bruises and we're on to week number 2. Today the kids will be testing devices that they've made out of plasticine. They'll go in a fish tank and goal is to have them sink as slow as possible. How could fun NOT ensue. I did 'tickets out of class' with my students at the end of the week (it's basically a mechanism for listening to your students that I picked up from Tom Russell at the Fac. of Ed.) and they had some nice, interesting and intriguing things to say.

The weekend was pretty quiet. We went to Unicentro to hang out for a bit on Friday, Saturday some people came over to hang out before going out (I stayed in with my book and a cup of tea though) and sunday was spent planning at the school. It sure is nice to be able to take a break from planning to go swimming in the school swimming pool.

Ok, funniest thing ever! Today as we were waiting for the teacher bus to pick us up we saw Tripod (not his real name) who is the three legged dog that hangs around our neighborhood. He belongs to someone and is pretty well taken care of so don't feel too bad for him. Anyway, Tripod was wandering around in his usual hopping way and he decides that he's going to mark his territory. Well, needless to say dogs aren't designed to stand on two legs and he almost fell over while trying to pee on a garbage bag on the curb.

Well, another week of school is gearing up and I got lots to do so I had better run. I love it here but I do miss home.

CheeryBye

Love Matt

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Tripod. Reminds me of those quality days at the tour shelter with Teepee the three-legged chipmunk.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought they called him tripod? That story seriously made part of my day!

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home