Wednesday, September 14, 2005

It's been a while

Hi all!!!

Well it's been almost a week since I posted something so I figured I had better get something up online so people didn't start thinking that I'd died or something.

It's been a really busy week but a good one. Today in science class I did a demo for the kids where I screw a 200 Watt lightbulb into a portable socket, break the glass and then plug it it. It's great! It lights up and the filament starts smoking like crazy for about 6 seconds until it burns out. One of the kids said to me today "Meester (that's how they say it) you really like breaking things don't you?" I can't deny it.... I do like breaking things.

I went with Matt Shannon (The grade 8 History teacher who has been here for about 7 years) to play basketball in a neighborhood in the city. It was tons of fun and I got a really good run. I figure that it will be a great way to learn spanish too. There were tons of people from the neighborhood out there just hanging out and watching.

Ok, PD (professional develpment) stuff starts in about 5 minutes so I've gotta go. I'm going away to some hotsprings this weekend so I'll pack my camera and bring back some pictures to post.

Tah Tah,

Love Matt

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Matt. While I wasn't worried that you were dead, it had crossed my mind. Natural hot-springs......ooooooo, how lovely.

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...breaking things. Your class sounds like it's a lot more fun than the one I remember sitting through

8:51 AM  
Blogger JTL said...

Great demo idea. Now I want to go try it out... without dying, of course.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home