Sunday, January 15, 2006

Thoughts on Blogs

Blogs are funny things. On one hand they feel like a private journal... a chance to write down whatever I want and how I'm really feeling. On the other hand they are about as public as something can be without being a billboard. Anyone, anywhere who has an internet connection can check it out.

Actually I just typed my name into Google to see what came up (my students have told me that they've done this with my name) and I can in fourth after the Timex Mechanic, the Texas teacher of the year and the Professional Bull Rider. On one hand very flattering that I'm the number four 'Matt Roy' on the internet but on the other hand it makes it really easy for anyone who wants to, to see it.

I've read blogs where people share things that they might not share with anyone in person, simply because they can get it out in writing..... it's a funny line to walk.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I've always found it easier to write a travel journal, or something with a theme than to have a public journal.

I'm really glad you're writing this, it's fun to read.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, totally agree there.
I appreciate you posting though, because it's great to read and helps me realize the world is alot bigger than what I see outside my little basement apartment window in good ol' TBay.

Btw, sorry I missed you when you came home for Christmas! I was going to go to the fort folk bar hopping night, but got sick. :/

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home