Friday, August 18, 2006

First Week of school all over

Cool bug in my apartment. Emily told me the name but I've forgotten it now.

Well, I've survived the first week of school in style. I feel a lot more stable, capable, and experienced this year..... It really is a big difference in feeling. I did a good job last year but I'm a lot more focused this year and everything is flowing smoother.

The class I've got now has had a bad rep in the past but I'm having a lot of fun with them. The classes are TINY as well. One group had on 11 students this week. 11!!!!! Just nuts. My biggest is 17. Yes Ontarians you can officially start getting angry at me.

I haven't done much of any science with the students this week because it has been all community building stuff. They've got to feel safe/included/respected first so we'll get there soon enough.

I had a strong bout of the runs this morning which was a great way to start Friday so I'm feeling pretty worn out but it's a long weekend coming up witch hopefully will leave me regenerated. I'm going to Selento with some other teachers (2.5 hours north of Cali). Don't worry, I'll bring the new camera and post some pictures at some point. For now I leave you with some pics of this cool bug that was in my apartment. Emily told me what it is called but I forget. Feel free to write a comment if you know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ive decided the bug looks like an earle

hope you had fun this weekend. expect a call from me some evening this week. can't wait to talk to you kiddo.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's called the Bright Green Chair Hopper.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home