Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A great story

Hi all,

Just to give you an idea of how nice my teaching situation is here I pass on a story sent to me from a friend at the Faculty of Education. She is teaching at an international school in Mexico and has just started her second year.

*****************************************************************************************

My Health science class has a semester long project they normally do BUT this semester there is to be a change (I was told this at 8am this morning when my first class was to start at 9am). The change is that 2 of my 5 classes (which two classes I do not yet know) will be doing a different semester project then the other three class ....

'Details' of the New Project :
~ Has not yet been designed or the design has not yet been released to the teachers if it has been finished.
~ Is to be done in the new science labs...that do not yet exist (no floor or walls let alone material/benches/etc...minor details)
~ Is to be done in Spanish...but do not worry, there is a rubric (in Spanish) for me to use to mark them (them being the Spanish projects...In an English course with a teacher who does not speak/read/understand enough Spanish to mark a semester long Spanish project properly)
~ Is to be supervised by me in the new Fully Equiped Technological lab (which again does not exist) and were I have never once tried to use any of the new equipment ... let alone know how to teach someone else how to use it (such things as wind tunnele, race tack simulators, virtual everythigns, ect...really cool stuff but I know nothing about them let alone how not to break them)

Again don't worry...They will PROBABLY have SOME sort of training for the teachers who are teaching this mysterious project in a mysterious lab some time between the time we actually get a lab and before the end of Oct when the projects are due ....UMMMMMMMMMM?????


I gave this assignment to my students this morning...We all had a good laugh together...I think tonight I might have a good cry!

I hope this email finds you slightly less stressed them I am at the momment.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kiss the ground of Colegio Bolivar. Gotta love your situation.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
» »

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home