Sunday, January 15, 2006

This Week

Well, not a whole heck of a lot to tell.... One great story though.

Al and Rick are two teachers who also teach in Cali with me (but at another school) who are in their early thirties and live together as roomates. Al recently got a new girlfriend and when the girlfriend was coming over she asked if she could bring a friend to meet his roomate. Al asked Rick and since he was just planning on spending the day in the house relaxing he agreed that it would be fine. When the ladies arrived the friend said to Rick... "Do you remember me?". Turns out it was a student that he had taught back when she was in grade 7 and he was brand new to Cali (now 22). YIKES!!! So they chatted and caught up but it ended there. This totally reminded me of one of those age defying creame commercials.

Some SUPER news. It looks like Em is going to be able to come visit me here in Cali for three weeks in april!!!!!!

I've put up all kinds of pictures next to my desk and my students have been super curious as to who everyone is. Colombian kids are really, really social and always interested in learning more about people.... it's a really nice quality.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 weeks? Great news! I see shirts in your future.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course the kids want to know, kids always think details of teachers lives are cool and mysterious. Since I lived my whole life surrounded by teachers I never understood the facination :)

Liz sent me the pictures from when we went to Grande Portage, they are a wonderful walk down memory lane, the one of you and I has to be hands down my favourite picture of us every taken.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the old former teacher-student relationship hookup. God bless it. If it wasn't for it, I wouldn't exist.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home