Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Emily is coming:)

Well the countdown is t-3 days until Emily gets here (my Canadian girlfriend for those of you who haven't met her). Thers is going to be a music sharing party going on that evening so it will be nice and convinient for introducing her to everyone. She's here for two weeks while I'm teaching and then we are going with another couple for the Semana Santa break (spring break) to fly up to Santa Martha on the North Coast and then for a five day hike into Ciudad Perdida (literally 'lost city'). It's a 2000 year old ruined city that was found in the 1970's by tomb robbers and has been since protected by the government. It will be three days hike in through the jungle, one day at the site and then two days hike back out (downhill) and the tour company does most of the lugging and cooking for us. If you look this place up on the internet, probably the first thing you'll find is something about people getting kidnapped but the region is very VERY safe these days (the school hires a security cheif who has army connections who checks all these things out for us and he says it is very safe there).

I'm so exited!!!! YAY! If I don't post for the next three weeks you know why. I'll try and update sometime but phone and email are probably the best way if you need to know how I'm doing at any given time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time :)

Glad you finally posted things, I keep checking back...

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't forget to send that picture when u get back matt...oh...speaking of pictures...i bought my own digi-cam the other day...

i have a digi-case and everything...
for when i go to BC...and u know...make you jealous

peace

7:55 PM  
Blogger Klovn said...

hey it's so cool to find nice things about my Bogotá. I'm glad you like it. So you're planning to go to Santa Martha? I think I will go there on june. I hope you tell me how was your trip cause, even me being colombian and all, I've never been there. hope to stay in touch. Im just new on this blog thing. chau.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home