Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Parapenting

On sunday I went parapenting (paragliding) and (to use my new favourite word) it was RAD!! It felt a little like ballooning but with a lot more movement, less fixtures, and the wind constantly whipping by. It was tandem so I didn't really need to know how to do it; just hang on and enjoy. I went with a few other teachers to a place about an hour outside of the city at the top of a big hill. We lay in the sun, parapented, watched others parapent, played with the worlds friendliest chocolate lab puppy called Choco and ate out of our excellently stocked cooler. A nice day. I put on the 30spf sunscreen three times but still managed to get a little burnt, however I was the LEAST burnt. I guess being up that high isn't good for my skin.

2 Comments:

Blogger mike (in the middle) said...

Sounds like it was a blast, Matt. Nice you had an opportunity to get a birds eye view of that part of Colombia. So, when are you off to see the active volcanoes in the south?

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fabulous. Is it too exciting for me to try?

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home