Sunday, February 04, 2007

Another Lazy Sunder Afternoon at School

Another lovely Sunday at school. Today I've made sure to bring my external hard drive so I've got about 40 Gigs of music to choose from.

I've had my students doing machine projects in science class and their big science fair is coming up on tuesday. I've really enjoyed doing projects but I'm going to be glad for them to be over for a little while. I'm in my room surrouded by the sounds of hammering, yelling, and marble rolling for every break, lunch, and for about two hours after school. It's good stuff but I'm ready for a change. I'll try to post some pics of the machines that they are making in the near future.

I've gotten hooked on the HBO show Deadwood and I just found out that one of my friends here is not only really into the show, but had stopped watching at the exact point that I'm at (This is a good opportunity for someone to tell me that it must be the hand of fate).

For those that don't know, I have a bad habit of being cranky with people who see fate where I see coincidence. Maybe they're right but I have not yet been convinced. I think that something rediculously unlikely could happen to me and I would still only see coincidence.

Am I too skeptical for my own good? Please tell me what you think.

Let's turn this into a fun game. Give Matt one brutally honest life-makeover tip. It can be about anything from hairstyle to beliefs about existence. That's a pretty broad category.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A tip for you Matt. Never spend more than what you earn.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

start spelling the word "ridiculous" and all its derivations correctly.

about fate: in the summer, i was seeing a guy quite unseriously, and at the end of the summer we parted quite suddenly. at the end of september i travelled home for my uncle's wedding which was being held at some random golf course/country club in the middle of wellington county. i had considered asking the guy to be my date before the summer ended, but decided not to and instead brought a good friend from kingston. when i arrived at the country club, who should be standing 10 feet away but the guy from the summer, who had come for a late-season golf game with an old friend that he had recently reconnected with that happened to work there.
at the time, i couldn't help but think that fate was intervening and i was meant to be with the summer guy. when he didn't call me back later that week, i decided otherwise.
i think i'm much happier now not having followed "fate"'s intervention.

8:04 PM  
Blogger mike (in the middle) said...

Forget about 'makeovers'. We love you just the way you are, Matt!!!

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

life tip: visit your lovely friend kaitlin (wherever she may be) this summer. :)

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home