Thursday, March 01, 2007

Emily is coming down soon

Alo! Emmers is coming down to visit soon which is going to be fantastic. I can't wait. Sadly I'm going to be working for most of it but there is a long weekend at the end so we are going to do a bit of traveling.

Sky and Wendy sent out some fantastically adorable pics or their daughter Ellie. She's smiling in most of them. What a cute baby.

Looking at babies makes me think a lot. Babies have really different brains from adults so their emotions change very quickly and they are happy with much different things and see the world in a much different way. I figure that our adults brains are just as conditioned to see things through a forced perspective (because of our biology). We might think that we are seeing truth but our brains are a lens that must INCREDIBLY shift realities to fit with our biology and what we know.

Too deep? Ok, I'll stop.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

tee hee! ellie! :)

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So it really is a small world after all. Believe it or not, I met this guy on the city bus the other day (yes, I still can't drive)who moved to Canada from Colombia recently and who has a Ph.D. in physics from some university in Colombia but for one reason or another it isn't recognized here, of course, so he's working at a call centre while going back to school to get a degree he already has. (How awful would that be? Can you imagine having to take all of your undergrad courses over again but like in German or Italian instead of in English?) Okay, so getting back to the story, my mind went Colombia? physics? I wonder if Matt made it out of the jungles of South America alive? So I googled you (yes, I'm a googler, but who isn't these days?... remember when yahoo was part of our vocabulary? ... I think I was still in high school.) only to discover that you were alive but still lost in the jungle, only jungles apparently now have the internet (for anyone reading this who doesn't know me, I'm not really as ethnocentric as I sound, but why should I care since you don't know me). Anyway, now I'm blubbering so it's time to go. Just thought I'd say hi, like your blog, so "Hi, like your blog."

Siscoe

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home