Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Cali apparently has a Monsoon season of 1 day

Ok, it has seemed like less people have been writing me fun comments since the amount of pictures that I post has dropped so in this post you will find a picture of me giving the big “Thumbs UP”. Not terribly exciting, but you really couldn’t see that right now unless you were in Cali (or unless you have a picture of me doing the same thing, but how likely is that!)

Yesterday Cali was invaded by the biggest rainstorm I’ve been through in a long time. It started while I was at school and just poured. I was on the teacher bus on the way home and I hopped off and ran across one intersection to go to the HomeCenter store to buy some pulleys. By the time I got there I was as wet as I would have been had I gone swimming and my shoulders started to get sore from having to carry the excess shirt weight. At HomeCenter is dripped down the pulleys and clamps aisle and bought about 10 small ones for a class group activity and 2 big ones. I’m going to try to rig up a pulley system with my hammock chair so the kids can pull themselves up in the air….. SO COOL!!!!! (actually it’s really just for me to have fun. Forget the kids).

I was taking a taxi home and we turned down a street that had particularly poor drainage. The water was so high that it started to come in the bottom of the taxi doors and slosh around on the floor. Good thing the cab was an old one.

Gotta run, here come the grade 8’s!!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really enjoyed reading that post twice, as it was a particularly good one. excellent picture, and excellent pulley system idea!

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hot picture

Happy Robbie Burns Day!! I was going to send you an ecard, but the website I used to send you them from is no longer up.

Be caful the rain doesnt carry you away, because then I would REALLY miss you!

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool monsoon. What a way to get clean fast. The water in the taxi must have been hilarious - and wet. How come I don't see any pictures of your parents in the scene behind you?

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a lame attempt at self-promotion.

Yet, I'm posting. Weird?

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is the hot girl in the pictures behind you?

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah nice!!!
A new class project should to build a canoe out of some bark like thing or cardboard and use it to roam the streets!!!
Salut mon loup!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home