Monday, January 23, 2006

Late Night Noise

Well, Jordan beat me again. I held the weekly record for a little while for "Most innappropriatly noisy neighbors" when the people downstairs decided to have a rediculously loud 43rd birthday party last Tuesday. Listening to "HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH...... WWEEEEE.... THUMP... AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH ......" till one in the morning isn't a terribly pleasant experience. However, Jordan beat me when he was in the North and his girlfriends neighbor decided to blast salsa music at a volume higher than most night clubs, from 4am to 8am....... on a Sunday. Nice guy.

Last week felt like a great teaching week for me. Now that the kids are back I'm trying out some new things to streamline and structure classes a little bit more and, on the whole, they are working out. The best of which is doing a warmup at the beginning. The kids profess not to like it but it changes class from, me doing whatever necessary to get their attention to explain things at the beginning to them coming in and knowing that they should look at the thing circled in red marker on the board and just do that.

I went hiking to a waterfall this weekend with Aaron and Aloni (the grade 9 science teacher, and his girlfriend who is also Bonnie(the grade 6 science teacher)'s daughter), as well as Tim and Kate and their two dogs. It was nice to get out of the city for a while. I think that I missed that more than I realized. The city is great but I don't know if I'll ever really be used to it.

Time to start packing up for the day so I can catch that 3:30 bus. Bye for now:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home