Thursday, February 16, 2006

Fun Day

Well today is a fun day for several reasons. I'm going to Bogota tonight and I'm all revvvved up to get out of Cali and enjoy a cooler climate, AND I get to read a story to some grade 2's today. One of my fellow teachers has invited me in to her grade 2 class to read any book that I wanted so I chose "The Lorax" by Dr. Seus. There's a good takehome message there for anyone who hasn't read it.

This morning the teacher bus never showed up (that one's for you Higgy), so we grabbed a cab instead. Beacause of construction and some other weird things going on that I don't fully understand, traffic was absolutely INSANE and I only got to school with about 2 minutes to spare. This included spending about 15 minutes at one intersection where about 5 cars were all pulled in to the middle facing each other. The line of cars about 1/2 kilometer back from the school was so long that we decided to just get out and walk. They are building a huge rank of townhouse complexes right near the school but they aren't improving the super-narrow potholed road that runs in front so it looks like it is only going to get harder to get to school from here on in.

I'll try to take lots of pictures in Bogota:) If I have anything to say about it I will be making an appearance at the science center!!! SO FUN!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe. "teacher bus"- I love it.

If you want to escape to a cooler climate, you should come back to the bay. It was -50 here last night.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a fun weekend. :D

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats a teacher bus?

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home