Sunday, October 01, 2006

Hi all,

I'm listening to Rex Murphy on cross country checkup right now. Oh how the internet has changed the life of the international teacher. I can listen to Lisa Lackow and Gerald Graham every morning to my hearts content. Or at least when I can get rid of the students.

It has been a long time since I've posted. Is anyone still checking? Well, if you are, thanks for your diligence. This one's for you.

I'm already getting geared up for Christmas. I know that it's a long way off but I'm doing a little dreaming of snow and cold and NWO.

I saw the best thing yesterday. Two people with their large full-grown german sheppard on a motor bike. The dog was sitting across the person on the back and hanging way off either side. It was actually more surprising than seeing the whole family on the bike.

I went whale watching last weekend (humpback whales) and got to go swimming on a black sand beach on the pacific. The pacific is a little sketchy and there was garbage around on the beach and in the water here and there but swimming in the warm ocean was so nice.

It's sunday and I'm here pounding things out at work. Well, actually, I'm ignoring work to write on my blog but close enough. I'd rather be reading my new book though. I'm pouring through John Tanner's The Falcon. It's his account of his life written in the early 19th century about how he was abducted, then sold to and Ojibwa family and his ensuing life. Pretty amazing stuff and lots of mentions of Grand Portage so right in our area.

Sounds like Mom and Dad have been able to move my stuff ok. Good thing my parents love me so much:)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new blog entry. I check every day.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for updating... i dont check everyday, maybe once a weekish

cant wait to see you at xmas

im off to Tbay in 4 days, i'll tell the giant you say hi

8:27 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

i love checking your blog, you're always doing something exciting :)

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow what a life!eh?
Glad to see your alive! and well!
Salut!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

I check too!! :)
Jess

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do those of us who don't check regularly still count? ;) Glad you're doing all right Matt. Did you see any whales?

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, I'm ALSO devouring The Falcon. He's so chillaxed when he's talking about all this crazy stuff!

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, I'm ALSO devouring The Falcon. He's so chillaxed when he's talking about all this crazy stuff!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home