Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Not deep.... but interesting?

After reading a friends blog I've been inspired to try to make mine a better reflection of what's going on in my brain rather than random travel anecdotes. I don't know..... Obviously writing about places I've been doesn't have a whole lot of personal value for me although I guess it might be fun to see the pictures.

I remember having a conversation with Sky a couple of years ago about how people write letters differently. You've got some people that will fill a 30 page email with details about where they stayed, what they ate, how long their drive was. I guess I've decided that that is not for me. Even I get bored with the mundane details of my life.

Speaking of Sky (my brother for those who don't know), I just got a call last night..... He's a DADDY! So fun. I actually didn't know the due date but I was pretty sure it was coming up. I was also sure that I would get word about the baby being born from SOMEBODY so I didn't have to worry about keeping track of dates. For those who know me this is a normal sort of behaviour. Hopefully I don't sound too calous (how do you spell that....????). I'm actually shocked that there aren't pictures flooding the internet yet. Maybe I'm just not on the proper mailing list yet. Anyway, baby and mom are doing well from what I hear. I'll make a phone call when some of the madness has died down. I DO get to play uncle at Christmas which should be a treat. I like babies. They're fun.

It seems normal in a lot of blogs to say what you are listening to at the time so:

Music of the moment: I just got the new Weird Al album from a friend. Anyone remember him? If not watch UHF and laugh your pants off. Anyway I'm going to give Weird Al music a shot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww uncle matt! you must be excited. im diggin the new blogging style.

ps it was lovely having a brief chat with you the other day

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

matt!
pretty blog... someone sent me that new weird al 'rap send up' song -- something about being dorky and white...? hilarious. hope scuba-ing was divine! san andres says hi --
k

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home