Tuesday, October 31, 2006

HI .... It's Halloween!!!!

Well I've had a fun Halloween day at school today.... but for some reason I'm still at school getting work done at 7:30pm. Too bad for me.

But where did I leave off....

I went to a great education conference in Bogota a few weeks ago. It was a great conference and has totally reenergized my teaching and gave me a ton of good ideas and directions to go. It's always good to step away and reflect. I also got to see a bunch of friends from university that are now teaching all over Colombia. They seem so out of context here. It's strange. I went to stay at Bonnie's place in Villa de Leyva for the weekend after the conference and spent some great time in the country. Scott and I hiked to a bunch of waterfalls and went spelunking (caving) in some fantastic bat caves! Bonnie's place is beautiful and quirky. Hopefully I can make it back there to visit again.

Other than that I've made it through the first bout of reports and parent conferences, I've made it through being sick with a random fever, sore throat, and cold that all of my students (and many other teachers had) and I'm keeping busy and REALLY looking forward to the NBA season starting. I've been keeping up with the Toronto Raptors and their 'new look' team. I really do miss watching basketball..... I went to a great pro game recently though. Normall games are pretty empty but it was the finals and the building was PACKED. I almost didn't get in and ended up sitting on the edge of the court next to this team of 12 year old girls that were watching. Who know that there were so many people in Cali that loved basketball.

Well, that's all for now. I'll try to be betting the posting...... If I can somehow find the time.

Be well,

-Matt

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny, i was just going to email you & hurass you to update if you hadnt, and you did. good work kid.
love the pictures, great halloween costume.
you should go look at my blog to see my newest special event related injury and halloween costume... its offical, im a klutz. incase you forgot, http://scotiak8.livejournal.com/
glad all is well in your area of the world. miss you tons

ps that house looks super cool... i think i need to move to colombia

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home